Assistant Manager Pricing (M/F/D)
Join the movement and find new inspiration.
We have an exciting opportunity as:
Assistant Manager Product Pricing (M/F/D)
at the Kia Europe Headquarters in Frankfurt/Main, Germany
Kia Europe is, together with its sister brand Hyundai, the fifth-largest automotive company in the world. Since its foundation in 1944, Kia Europe has been a significant player in the booming automotive industry, not only in South Korea but worldwide. People drive Kia cars in about 180 countries.
Kia Europe is the Regional Headquarters of Kia and centrally leads the Sales & Marketing activities for 14 European sales subsidiaries and coordinates the activities of our production facility in Zilina, Slovakia. Kia employs about 5,500 persons in Europe, including about 3,500 blue collar workers in our state of the art car plant in Slovakia. We sell just over 500,000 vehicles and produce about 300,000 vehicles for worldwide distribution every year.
You will enjoy working with us if you like these things:
- A pulsating international environment. Our workforce is composed of people from 37 nations.
- Playing an active and important part in the development of Kia in Europe.
- Developing new frameworks and solutions.
- Demanding challenges to which you can creatively contribute.
- A competitive compensation package; private leasing offer; systematic off and on-the-job training, free staff restaurant, support as concerns Health Management and more.
The Challenges: High - The Job: Great.
1. Your initiative, energy and persistence will ultimately determine your success.
2. You will work in a network of experts in Product and other business professionals.
3. You have the spirit that makes us successful.
You are +++ ambitious +++ dynamic +++ flexible +++ optimistic +++ patient +++
As an Assistant Manager Pricing, you support the Kia EU Pricing team in maximizing profit opportunities without jeopardizing marketability from a price positioning perspective for the entire Kia model line-up in Europe. You will coordinate the new product pricing process for all Kia Europe subsidiaries and distributors, define and track pricing targets for Kia in Europe and ensure proper life-cycle price positioning to maintain market competitiveness.
Area of Responsibility: All Kia brand vehicle lines from 24 months before SOP until the end of the lifecycle for 41 European markets made up of 14 fully owned Kia Subsidiaries and 27 independent Distributors
- Contribute to the retail pricing strategy for all Kia brand models within the Kia Europe (KEU) markets in coordination with the Kia Corporation HQ in Seoul, South Korea
- Support Pricing Senior Manager in defining mid- and long-term pricing proposals for upcoming new models, ensuring marketability and profitability of the projects
- Establish, review and optimize markets’ proposals for new model retail pricing, including stand-alone or option packages, optional features and price walks between body types and/or powertrains
- Serve as the main contact partner for markets and market management for pricing related questions
- Support the Sales & Market Management teams to implement adequate transfer pricing (FOB) for the subsidiaries & distributors
- Analyze the quarterly price positioning for all models of the assigned markets and create an aggregated report showing the current price positioning throughout all KEU markets (Subsidiaries)
- Gather pricing intelligence about the competition and potential competitive pricing actions
- Research, propose and manage feature value updates in coordination with KEU subsidiaries, product teams and Kia HQ
- Research and report monthly industry sales volumes and segment shares, including powertrain- and segment-level analysis as well as all other ad-hoc analysis as needed for internal Sales purposes
- Support in the optimization, testing, deployment, and subsidiary training of the new KEU Product Pricing IT tool
- Answer Ad-hoc inquiries (from Kia Europe and Kia Global Headquarters) involving new model pricing, quarterly price tracking and all other KEU pricing-related topics
- Continuous improvement of new model pricing and reporting processes, approaches & systems
- University degree in Business or Economics, with a focus on Marketing or Finance
- MBA or relevant Master’s degree is a plus
- A minimum of 2-5 years relevant pan-European work experience within the automotive industry with specific experience in the Product Marketing / Product Management area with an emphasis on analytics
- Familiarity with automotive market analysis tools like JATO, TNS PromoCar, Polk’s Road to Data, etc.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills to gather and interpret data to support key decisions
- Curious, analytical, solution-orientated mindset
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office products especially with MS Excel for data analysis
- Good understanding of basic Financial KPIs
- Fluent in English (written and spoken). Additional European languages are a plus
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Good interpersonal skills and experience working with people from a variety of European backgrounds
- Passion for the Automotive industry and general passion for cars, motorsports etc.
- Familiarity with working with Asian cultures / companies is a plus
If you’re interested to become part of our Kia team, please apply via our online portal. We are looking forward to getting to know you.