Manager Pricing Competitiveness
Join the movement and find new inspiration.
Manager Pricing Competitiveness (m/f/d)
in the Product & Pricing Department at the Kia Europe Headquarters in Frankfurt/Main, Germany.
As a Manager of Pricing Competitiveness, you are responsible for leading the analysis of competitor pricing matched with market expectations to determine the ideal target price for Kia Europe models in coordination with the EU subsidiaries and under the supervision of the Senior Pricing Manager.
You seek to maximize profit opportunities without jeopardizing marketability from a price positioning perspective for the entire Kia model line-up in Europe. You will develop strategies to define and track pricing targets for Kia in Europe and ensure proper life-cycle price positioning to maintain market competitiveness.
Area of Responsibility: All Kia brand vehicle lines from 6 months before SOP until the end of the lifecycle
Kia Model Pricing Competitiveness Optimization
- Quarterly price tracking including organization, coordination, reporting to Kia European Leadership and follow-up with the EU Subsidiaries, ensuring that pricing is in line with Kia Europe strategic targets, and, if necessary, propose corrective actions in alignment with sales and finance departments
- Responsible for answering Ad-hoc inquiries (from Kia Europe and Kia Global Headquarters) involving price tracking and competitive situation
- Re-evaluate and, if necessary, update price positioning target from final pricing (in coordination with Pricing Team) to secure market appropriate price positioning for current products in line with latest competitive actions, sales and profit targets
- Develop list of market basket competitors for price positioning by segment / vehicle line and evaluate on an ongoing basis the need to adapt based on segment evolution
- Ensure quality of competitive data by liaising with data provider (JATO) and product marketing colleagues
- Liaise with peers from the sales subsidiaries and distributors to gain insights into pricing and product changes required to address sales and share challenges. Develop strong working relationships with peer group in the individual countries to always have a finger on the pulse of the markets
- Coordination of Kia Europe cross-functional pricing committee, including proposal communication and proposal approval requests
- Continuous improvement of competitive price tracking and reporting processes, approaches & systems
- Establish pricing “center of excellence” on competitive price tracking, price adjustment methods and strategies, and competitor pricing analysis, including best practice collection and sharing
- Support senior pricing manager in defining overall pricing strategy
- University degree in Business or Economics, with a focus on Marketing or Finance
- MBA or relevant Master’s degree is a plus
- A minimum of 5 years relevant pan-European work experience within the automotive industry with specific experience in the Product Marketing / Product Management area
- Familiarity with automotive market analysis tools like JATO, TNS PromoCar, Polk’s Road to Data, etc.
- Ideally with previous competitive tracking and analysis experience
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills to gather and interpret data to support key decisions
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office products especially with MS Excel for data analysis
- Good understanding of basic Financial KPIs
- Fluent in English (written and spoken). Additional European languages are a plus
- Organised and detail-oriented
- Good interpersonal skills and experience working with people from a variety of European backgrounds
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision
- Self-confidence, positive thinking, resilient, flexibility and ability to adapt in a multicultural and fast-moving environment
- Cooperative nature to work closely with peers within the company to ensure smooth information flow and a good collaboration
- Passion for the Automotive industry and general passion for cars, motorsports etc.
- Familiarity with working with Asian cultures / companies is a plus
Who are we?
Kia is a global mobility brand with a vision to create sustainable mobility solutions for consumers, communities, and societies around the world. Founded in 1944, Kia has been building motorcycles, cars and trucks for more than 75 years.
Kia is now spearheading the popularization of electrified and battery electric vehicles, developing a growing range of mobility services while encouraging millions of people to explore the best ways of getting around. Our brand slogan – ‘Movement that inspires’ – reflects our commitment to inspire consumers through our products and services.
Kia Europe is the European sales and manufacturing arm of Kia Corporation. From our headquarters in Frankfurt, Germany, we lead 39 markets across Europe and the Caucasus, employing more than 5,500 persons, including about 3,500 blue collar workers in our state of the art car plant in Zilina, Slovakia.
Our headquarter is home to 37 different nationalities and this diversity is truly inspiring! This means that every day at Kia is an opportunity to learn something new and to grow personally and professionally. The mix of ambitious and dynamic employees from all over the world is the fuel to our success. Do you have what it takes to join our team? We are looking forward to getting to know you!
You will enjoy working with us if you like these things:
- A pulsating international environment. Our workforce is composed of people from 37 nations
- Playing an active and important part in the development of Kia in Europe.
- Developing new frameworks and solutions
- Demanding challenges to which you can creatively contribute
- A competitive compensation package; private leasing offer; systematic off and on-the-job training, free staff restaurant, support as concerns Health Management and more
If you’re interested to become part of our Kia team, please apply via our online portal. We are looking forward to getting to know you.