Manager Internal Communication and Employer Branding (m/f/d)
Join the movement and find new inspiration.
We have an exciting opportunity as:
Manager Internal Communication & Employer Branding (M/F/D)
at the Kia Europe Headquarters in Frankfurt/Main, Germany
Kia Europe is, together with its sister brand Hyundai, the fifth-largest automotive company in the world. Since its foundation in 1944, Kia Europe has been a significant player in the booming automotive industry, not only in South Korea but worldwide. People drive Kia cars in about 180 countries.
Kia Europe is the Regional Headquarters of Kia and centrally leads the Sales & Marketing activities for 14 European sales subsidiaries and coordinates the activities of our production facility in Zilina, Slovakia. Kia employs about 5,500 persons in Europe, including about 3,500 blue collar workers in our state of the art car plant in Slovakia. We sell just over 500,000 vehicles and produce about 300,000 vehicles for worldwide distribution every year.
You will enjoy working with us if you like these things:
- A pulsating international environment. Our workforce is composed of people from 37 nations.
- Playing an active and important part in the development of Kia in Europe.
- Developing new frameworks and solutions.
- Demanding challenges to which you can creatively contribute.
- A competitive compensation package; private leasing offer; systematic off and on-the-job training, free staff restaurant, support as concerns Health Management and more.
The Challenges: High - The Job: Great.
1. Your initiative, energy and persistence will ultimately determine your success.
2. You will work in a network of experts in People & Organization and other business professionals.
3. You have the spirit that makes us successful.
You are +++ optimistic +++ flexible +++ ambitious +++ creative +++ dynamic +++ patient +++ resilient +++
Culture transformation: Access to open & transparent communication is the starting point to achieve our brand and culture transformation.
Organizational performance: We strive to facilitate a habit of acquiring and sharing information and knowledge in a simple, intuitive and integrated manner across the European region for innovation, performance and to provide value to our customers.
Employer Branding: Living our brand, culture and Kia team spirit inside out and showcasing this in a consistent and coherent manner externally will support us in attracting, engaging and retaining talent.
Role description: The purpose of this role is to facilitate internal communications and employer branding within the European region. The Manager will coordinate internal communication channels: messages, support to produce and deliver strategic and culture building content to continue to build a culture of transparency and trust to improve employee engagement. The role will also support enabling management to coherently and confidently communicate selected messages to the regional organization. Furthermore, the role will focus on mirroring internal communication content externally in strategic channels to strengthen our Employer Branding strategy and attract talent.
Strategic Internal Communication
- Support the development and implementation of an internal communication strategy to improve the ability of management and staff to acquire and share information & knowledge. Ensure the communication strategy and framing is consistent and reflects the organization’s strategic vision to strengthen efficiency, performance, pride & belonging of Kia talent.
- Support the development of a coordinated internal communications channel strategy (European wide intranet, newsletters etc.) Through these channels support that the organization’s mission, values, initiatives and internal messages are communicated in a regular, considered, effective and engaging way.
- Coordinate with colleagues/ management through steering committees to create and maintain content for employee communication channels, and with the Marketing and IT teams to explore/recommend new channels or technologies where possible. Consistently improve the quality and effectiveness of communication channels.
- Plan, edit and write content for a variety of internal communications mediums. Develop communication materials using a variety of tactics (written communications, presentation materials, Teams, town halls, small group meetings, etc.) to articulate key messages. Ensure communication messaging and materials are high quality, accurate, appropriate and integrated with company's priorities and themes. Create storyboards to supporting agencies when applicable.
- Timely publish company information coordinated with relevant departments and make recommendations what information should be presented to employees (incl. newsletters and similar). Coordinate global messages based on Kia HQ direction.
- Ensure people managers are equipped to acquire, share and deliver messaging and communications to their team members. Advise senior executives of developments throughout the organization, either face to face or through regular written communication.
- Support and advice in the planning, organizing and execution of effective events, conferences, European wide meetings. Handle the internal communication response to possible crisis situations which affect organizational perception and reputation.
Strategic Employer Branding
- Improve the existing employer branding strategy for people content for LinkedIn and evaluate other social media channels to strengthen the Employer Brand and to increase the number of followers as potential candidates. Make benchmarks and derive suitable ideas.
- Create people posts and campaigns for the LinkedIn Page and collaborate closely with the PR and digital marketing team to improve the entire LinkedIn and social media presence.
- Measure and report the success of the social media activities regularly, report and initiate improvement measures if necessary.
- Build feedback mechanisms into the internal communications and employer branding strategies to facilitate staff feedback – use input to further evolve strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree in, communication, journalism, media studies, press, HR or a related field.
- 4+ years relevant experience in an internal communications role, ideally in-house
- Experienced with international environments
- Demonstrated previous experience in coordinating, facilitating content between different stakeholders in a variety of channels (intranets, newsletters, announcements, meetings, social media channels) in a global context
- Demonstrated previous experience in copy writing, visualizing content (images & videos), experience with web and digital content
- Experience managing branded social media accounts and proficiency with Google Analytics
- Skills in planning, organizing and facilitating between various complex stakeholders. Ability to advice on suggested content and prioritize importance and select the best channels for timely cascading
- Proficiency in communication planning and implementation including video, social media, emails, print collateral, face-to-face and virtual meetings, and mobile technology
- Comfort owning relationships with managers and colleagues across the organization and drive implementation. Confidence to deal with senior executives and explain communication techniques to them
- A strategic and creative thinker with strong story-telling skills. High level of attention to detail.
- Optimistic & flexible hands-on attitude, capacity to juggle multiple tasks, work well in an ambitious and dynamic environment, set priorities, and contribute within a team. Proactive problem-solver who can demonstrate initiative.
- High degree of integrity and professionalism; ability to remain composed under pressure.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills. Excellent editing and proofreading skills as well as the journalistic ability to source stories from employees
- Excellent English (mother tongue) (preferred)
- Strong speaking skills when giving presentations to staff and management.
- Sensitivity to the organisation’s goals and values and the ability to relay them to employees in a confident manner
Creative & IT skills
- Working knowledge in creative tools (e.g. Canva, Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, etc), social media tools and collaboration platforms (e.g. SharePoint, LinkedIn, Workday)
- Excellent IT skills (MS365)
If you’re interested to become part of our Kia team, please apply via our online portal. We are looking forward to getting to know you.