Manager Environmental, Social & Governance (M/F/D)
Join the movement and find new inspiration.
We have an exciting opportunity as:
Manager Environmental, Social & Governance (M/F/D)
at the Kia Europe Headquarters in Frankfurt/Main, Germany.
Kia is a global mobility brand with a vision to create sustainable mobility solutions for consumers, communities, and societies around the world. Founded in 1944, Kia has been building motorcycles, cars and trucks for more than 75 years.
Kia is now spearheading the popularization of electrified and battery electric vehicles, developing a growing range of mobility services while encouraging millions of people to explore the best ways of getting around. Our brand slogan – ‘Movement that inspires’ – reflects our commitment to inspire consumers through our products and services.
Kia Europe is the European sales and manufacturing arm of Kia Corporation. From our headquarters in Frankfurt, Germany, we lead 39 markets across Europe and the Caucasus, employing more than 5,500 persons, including about 3,500 blue collar workers in our state of the art car plant in Zilina, Slovakia.
Our headquarter is home to 37 different nationalities and this diversity is truly inspiring! This means that every day at Kia is an opportunity to learn something new and to grow personally and professionally. The mix of ambitious and dynamic employees from all over the world is the fuel to our success. Do you have what it takes to join our team? We are looking forward to getting to know you!
You will enjoy working with us if you like these things:
- A pulsating international environment. Our workforce is composed of people from 37 nations.
- Playing an active and important part in the development of Kia in Europe.
- Developing new frameworks and solutions.
- Demanding challenges to which you can creatively contribute.
- A competitive compensation package; private leasing offer; systematic off and on-the-job training, free staff restaurant, support as concerns Health Management and more.
The Challenges: High - The Job: Great.
1. Your initiative, energy and persistence will ultimately determine your success.
2. You will work in a network of experts in Business Strategy and other business professionals.
3. You have the spirit that makes us successful.
You are +++ ambitious +++ dynamic +++ flexible +++ optimistic +++ patient +++
Drive enhancement of environmental and social sustainability within Kia Europe’s business by setting up the Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) roadmap and strategy and implementing ESG initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders while taking note of the regulatory environment as well as cost effectiveness and feasibility of each ESG proposal.
Assumes an advisory role to the business, consulting on matters relating to corporate strategy including corporate social responsibility, sustainability and ESG.
Bring new business ideas and proposals that will add values to the future of Kia Europe, with active market monitoring and research.
- Set Kia Europe’s ESG roadmap that leads to achieving the Kia’s global and European ESG vision and goals (ie. Carbon Neutrality Plan). Prepare for Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive and Corporate Sustainability Due Diligence Directive.
- Enable improvement in Kia Europe’s equality, diversity and inclusion and other ESG initiatives leading internal initiatives and working with colleagues to change processes, behaviors and approaches as well as supporting related external work and communication.
- Liaise with external consultancy providers to obtain recommendations related to enhancement of Kia’s ESG strategy, methods, framework, and related tools to support achievement of internal sustainability/ ESG goals and objectives.
- With Kia EU Legal, closely monitor the latest ESG regulatory changes and trends in the European context and prepare executive summaries for the senior management team.
- Identify ESG risks and opportunities for Kia Europe as well as to keep abreast of significant ESG metrics and data.
- Develop organizational effectiveness in collaboration with extended teams to provide company-wide initiatives aiming at a positive impact on people across Kia Europe.
- Process design for capabilities, tools, methods, operational excellence practices and trainings across the organization to ensure Kia maintains its status as a responsible business
- Increase awareness of ESG by creating guidelines, employee training, workshops, generating various tools and guidance material such as checklists, policies, procedures, and other related program content, to align with best-practice frameworks within Kia EU and NSCs.
- Develop and distribute sustainability/ESG best practice recommendations for Kia EU Departments and NSCs.
- Coordinate with Kia EU Marketing department the promotion and other communication of activities for ESG and sustainability related items.
- Lead stakeholder engagements and play a key role in internal/external collaborative initiatives that could cover anything from project management, engagement with regulators to running workshops and training programs and events.
- Keep oneself up to date on local, regional, and national policies around energy and climate change, take part in related conferences and workshops.
- Preparation of regular reports and presentations for Kia Europe management.
- University degree (Masters preferred) or equivalent experience in Business, Economics, Engineering or Environmental Sciences.
- MBA/Master’s degree or equivalent is a plus
- Minimum of 3-5 in Sustainability/CSR area or related field. Experience on the vendor side is also applicable.
- Deep understanding and familiarity with ESG/Sustainability topic
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing sustainability programs.
- Management consulting experience is a plus.
- Ability to understand legal ESG requirements and to transform them into standard business processes.
- Sound quantitative and analytical skills to gather and interpret data to support key decisions
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office products
- Fluent in English (written and spoken). Additional European languages are a plus
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to interact with company senior representatives
- Change maker with a strong drive and perseverance to enable a company transformation
- Innovative thinker that strives for new business ideas
- Self-confidence, positive thinking, flexibility and ability to adapt in a multicultural and fast-moving environment
- Cooperative nature to work closely with peers within the company to ensure smooth information flow and a good collaboration
- Organized and detail-oriented, with ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision
If you’re interested to become part of our Kia team, please apply via our online portal. We are looking forward to getting to know you.