Senior Legal Counsel (M/F/D)
Join the movement and find new inspiration.
We have an exciting opportunity as:
Senior Legal Counsel (M/F/D)
at the Kia Connect GmbH in Frankfurt/Main, Germany.
Kia Connect was founded in 2019 as a fully owned subsidiary of Kia Europe and is therefore part of the fifth-largest automotive group in the world.
Kia is a global mobility brand with a vision to create sustainable mobility solutions for consumers, communities, and societies around the world. Founded in 1944, Kia has been building motorcycles, cars and trucks for more than 75 years.
Kia is now spearheading the popularization of electrified and battery electric vehicles, developing a growing range of mobility services while encouraging millions of people to explore the best ways of getting around. Our brand slogan – ‘Movement that inspires’ – reflects our commitment to inspire consumers through our products and services.
Kia Europe is the European sales and manufacturing arm of Kia Corporation. From our headquarters in Frankfurt, Germany, we lead 39 markets across Europe and the Caucasus, employing more than 5,500 persons, including about 3,500 blue collar workers in our state of the art car plant in Zilina, Slovakia.
In 2019 Kia Europe has launched its Connected Car services with the latest generation of the Kia Soul and will continue the rollout to its complete European Lineup. The role of Kia Connect is to manage these services as well as to develop, deploy and monetize future services to enhance the convenience of our customers and the profitability of our company.
Do you have what it takes to join our team? We are looking forward to getting to know you!
You will enjoy working with us if you like these things:
- A pulsating international environment. Our workforce is composed of people from 37 nations.
- Playing an active and important part in the development of Kia in Europe.
- Developing new frameworks and solutions.
- Demanding challenges to which you can creatively contribute.
- A competitive compensation package; private leasing offer; systematic off and on-the-job training, free staff restaurant, support as concerns Health Management and more.
The Challenges: High - The Job: Great.
1. Your initiative, energy and persistence will ultimately determine your success.
2. You will work in a network of experts in Kia Connect and other business professionals.
3. You have the spirit that makes us successful.
You are +++ ambitious +++ dynamic +++ flexible +++ optimistic +++ patient +++
Job Mission: As Senior Legal Counsel, you will oversee the legal, compliance and privacy aspects of Kia Connect while being deeply involved in the business initiatives. You will safeguard our reputation and integrity by guaranteeing that the company strictly follows legal guidelines and give legal advice to management about all relevant issues. You will collaborate closely with the Data Privacy Officer and the Kia Europe Legal team.
- Give accurate and timely counsel to management in the framework of the connected car operations and in the further development of Kia Connect legal structure
- Provide legal support and guidance in particular in the area of Privacy/GDPR to business teams
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on possible legal issues
- Offer solutions as well as possible alternatives routes by identifying and analyzing data privacy risks
- Draft and negotiate agreements, contracts and other legal documents with customers, suppliers, partners and public authorities to ensure the company’s full legal rights
- Assume responsibility for interaction with internal clients and external parties
- Assist with development of standard templates and processes
- Regularly monitor company compliance
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the company
- Maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation and disseminate across organization
- Qualified Lawyer in Germany
- Minimum 7 years of relevant work experience in a multinational enterprise, within a startup environment or a law firm
- Experience in automotive/mobility would be considered as a strong asset
- Practice in Privacy and IT law would be a plus
- Knowledge about privacy law/GDPR would be considered an asset; knowledge about competition law, consumer law, traffic law and telecommunication law would be appreciated.
- Analytical and research skills
- Attention to detail
- Organizational skills and effective time management
- Persuasive oral and written communication
- Interpersonal skills and empathy
- Negotiation skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Fluent in German, English (written and spoken), additional European languages are a plus
If you’re interested to become part of our Kia team, please apply via our online portal. We are looking forward to getting to know you.