Assistant Manager Accounting GL (m/f/d)
Join the movement and find new inspiration.
We have an exciting opportunity as:
Assistant Manager Accounting GL (m/f/d)
at the Kia Europe Headquarters in Frankfurt/Main, Germany.
Kia is a global mobility brand with a vision to create sustainable mobility solutions for consumers, communities, and societies around the world. Founded in 1944, Kia has been building motorcycles, cars and trucks for more than 75 years.
Kia is now spearheading the popularization of electrified and battery electric vehicles, developing a growing range of mobility services while encouraging millions of people to explore the best ways of getting around. Our brand slogan – ‘Movement that inspires’ – reflects our commitment to inspire consumers through our products and services.
Kia Europe is the European sales and manufacturing arm of Kia Corporation. From our headquarters in Frankfurt, Germany, we lead 39 markets across Europe and the Caucasus, employing more than 5,500 persons, including about 3,500 blue collar workers in our state of the art car plant in Zilina, Slovakia.
Our headquarter is home to 37 different nationalities and this diversity is truly inspiring! This means that every day at Kia is an opportunity to learn something new and to grow personally and professionally. The mix of ambitious and dynamic employees from all over the world is the fuel to our success. Do you have what it takes to join our team? We are looking forward to getting to know you!
You will enjoy working with us if you like these things:
- A pulsating international environment. Our workforce is composed of people from 37 nations.
- Playing an active and important part in the development of Kia in Europe.
- Developing new frameworks and solutions.
- Demanding challenges to which you can creatively contribute.
- A competitive compensation package; private leasing offer; systematic off and on-the-job training, free staff restaurant, support as concerns Health Management and more.
The Challenges: High - The Job: Great.
1. Your initiative, energy and persistence will ultimately determine your success.
2. You will work in a network of experts in Finance and other business professionals.
3. You have the spirit that makes us successful.
You are +++ ambitious +++ dynamic +++ flexible +++ optimistic +++ patient +++
- Ensure accuracy of accounting and Kia EU’s financial statements in accordance with local GAAP (HGB) and compliance to internal policies
- Record of special financial accounting issues in a timely and accurate manner in SAP with regards to local GAAP reporting (HGB) for Kia EU
- Manage month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing together with Senior Manager Accounting
- Preparation of IFRS reporting package together with Senior Manager Accounting
- Support Tax manager in Tax and Customs audits
- Fixed assets accounting
- Reconciliation of inter-company transactions
- Posting of bank and cash pool transactions, foreign currency accounting, fixed assets posting, payroll accounting
- Handle appropriate accruals & prepayments booking
- Posting of financial business transactions (in particular accounts payable and accounts receivable) in a timely and accurate manner in SAP in compliance with local GAAP (HGB)
- Open items and account clarification
- Preparation monthly VAT filing, recapitulative statement
- Preparation of various statistical reports (e.g. Z5a, Künstlersozialkasse, etc.)
- Preparation of fluctuation & ad-hoc analysis
- Constantly review Finance & Accounting processes, systems and system enhancements, suggest improvements and support Senior Manager Accounting with implementation
- Degree in Finance/Accounting and/or post graduate qualification in Accounting preferred
- At least 3 years accounting experience in an international environment
- Good technical accounting background in HGB
- Good knowledge of SAP-FI
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Fluent in English and German
- Strong Excel skills
- Extremely accurate
If you’re interested to become part of our Kia team, please apply via our online portal. We are looking forward to getting to know you.