Manager Transportation Planning (m/f/d)
Join the movement and find new inspiration.
Manager Transportation Planning (m/f/d)
at the Kia Europe Headquarters in Frankfurt/Main, Germany.
Kia is a global mobility brand with a vision to create sustainable mobility solutions for consumers, communities, and societies around the world. Founded in 1944, Kia has been building motorcycles, cars and trucks for more than 75 years.
Kia is now spearheading the popularization of electrified and battery electric vehicles, developing a growing range of mobility services while encouraging millions of people to explore the best ways of getting around. Our brand slogan – ‘Movement that inspires’ – reflects our commitment to inspire consumers through our products and services.
Kia Europe is the European sales and manufacturing arm of Kia Corporation. From our headquarters in Frankfurt, Germany, we lead 39 markets across Europe and the Caucasus, employing more than 5,500 persons, including about 3,500 blue collar workers in our state of the art car plant in Zilina, Slovakia.
Our headquarter is home to 37 different nationalities and this diversity is truly inspiring! This means that every day at Kia is an opportunity to learn something new and to grow personally and professionally. The mix of ambitious and dynamic employees from all over the world is the fuel to our success. Do you have what it takes to join our team? We are looking forward to getting to know you!
You will enjoy working with us if you like these things:
- A pulsating international environment. Our workforce is composed of people from 37 nations
- Playing an active and important part in the development of Kia in Europe.
- Developing new frameworks and solutions
- Demanding challenges to which you can creatively contribute
- A competitive compensation package; private leasing offer; systematic off and on-the-job training, free staff restaurant, support as concerns Health Management and more
The Challenges: High - The Job: Great.
1. Your initiative, energy and persistence will ultimately determine your success.
2. You will work in a network of experts in Sales and other business professionals.
3. You have the spirit that makes us successful.
You are +++ optimistic +++ flexible +++ ambitious +++ creative +++ dynamic +++ patient +++ resilient +++
Manage Kia Europe (KEU) processes and operations to grant that finished vehicles are transported to Markets on time to meet wholesales targets. Manage and harmonize processes/operations in new KEU standards. Support Manager/ Executives daily and ensure that the objectives of the organization and of the Markets are linked to Customer’s needs and expectations.
- Assess current processes, harmonize operations with main Business counterparts (Sales/Supply Chain Management (SCM)) and logistics providers and implement into new KEU standards
- Be able to prevent and identify any capacity challenges (i.e. shortage of vessels /trains /trucks, Markets’ compounds saturations, infrastructure roadblocks, change of vector) and agree on quick and effective action plans with the logistics providers to ensure proper transportation to achieve wholesales targets
- Manage rolling transportation plans accurately, ensuring that logistic providers’ plans are covering production allocation monthly
- Interact with different stakeholders and coordinate cross-functional operations to reconcile significant variances vs. transportation plans
- Manage weekly operations to align transportation capacity with scheduled production accurately
- Ensure that logistic providers have the adequate capacity aligned with frozen production effectively, prioritizing sold orders firstly
- Control and drive Plants’ compounds to ensure that produced vehicles are prioritized and loaded for transportation on time.
- Operate daily to stabilize any capacity fluctuations to ensure arrivals of finished vehicles as per plan
- Drive logistic providers and coordinate operations to match delivery term expectations
- Improve transparency of information flow and ensure that estimated delivery time (ETA) are reliable and accurate in all corporate systems and/or all KEU SCM/Sales dashboards
- Manage monthly steering committee with Logistics providers to monitor current issues and propose improvements
- Align operations and dataflows within corporate systems: In line with latest business transformation strategies, manage all integration projects in the whole SCM/Sales areas
- Ensure the delivery of quality KPI reports and ad-hoc dashboards to all corporate stakeholders, with focus on Wholesales feasibility target achievement
- Drive functionally all direct reporting transportation mangers in KEU NSCs
- Master Degree or equivalent, with focus on Logistics, Industrial Engineering, Economics or Business Management
- Minimum 6 years of professional experience in Automotive, with focus on Logistics, Production Planning, Supply Chain Management
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a car manufacturer National Sales Company
- Very deep knowledge and understanding of Automotive business processes and daily operations
- As a plus, experience in a regional or international Headquarter (HQ) with strong understanding of relationships between Global HQ and Regional Office
- Significant experience in Project Management and Change Management.
- Outstanding computer skills above all MS-Office package: excellent usage of complex spreadsheets in Excel is a must. Good knowledge of data management and data flow.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken), other languages are a plus.
- Good interpersonal skills, diplomatic and excellent communicator at all levels in organization
- Highly numerate with strong analytical and presentation skills
- Strategic thinking
- Strong leadership with deep multicultural team experience and ability to manage conflicts
- Must be extremely flexible, adaptable and be able to deal positively with uncertainty
- Able to manage multiple and varied tasks effectively
- Self-motivated with meticulous planning and organization skills
- Resilient and determined without being stubborn
- Consistently demonstrates the highest levels of integrity
- Strong team player with an open approach to different nationalities and cultures
If you’re interested to become part of our Kia team, please apply via our online portal. We are looking forward to getting to know you.